My practice is based on loving kindness and compassion with an emphasis on the human animal bond. I believe in preventative medicine for animals with proper nutrition and exercise as the basis for optimal health. I enjoy educating animal lovers on a wide range of topics to help them maintain healthy animal companions in mind, body, and spirit.
I have dedicated the last 14 years of medical practice to an integrative veterinary clinic in Redmond, WA where I began combining western medicine with Chinese medicine and acupuncture. The addition of Chinese medicine theory which treats the whole patient, acknowledging a disease to be individual to their body and affect them both physically and spiritually, is when my passion for veterinary medicine really took hold. At Kingdom of Basil I provide care that helps my patients live their best life by focusing on supportive treatments to aid the body in healing itself.
Complementary to the animal’s own ability to heal
Herbal Therapy (Chinese and Western)
Diet, Chinese Food Therapy, and Nutritional Supplementation recommendations
Bowen Technique (combination of myofascial massage and acupressure) for relaxation
NAET (food and environmental allergy elimination through a combination of gentle chiropractic tapping along the spine followed by acupuncture)
Homotoxicology injections and/or supplementation (aids the body in detoxing/healing, supports organ and cellular function)
Complementary to Western Medicine
Consultation and implementation of which therapies listed above will benefit your animal already being treated with drugs, surgery or chemotherapy/radiation. For example, patients being treated with Western Medicine for thyroid/kidney/liver disease, inflammatory bowel syndrome, Cushing’s disease, cancer, arthritis and other joint problems, or a combination of diseases, will greatly benefit from the addition of the therapies I offer. These therapies can also be used to wean off pharmaceutical drugs or avoid surgery when appropriate.
- B.A. Biology – University of Iowa – 1995
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree – Iowa State University – 1999
- Veterinary Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine – IVAS – 2003
- Bowen Technique for Animals – Animal BowenTM – 2004
- Veterinary Herbal Therapy – The Chi Institute – 2008 and 2009
- NAET (Nambudripad allergy elimination technique) – Dr Nambudripad’s basic and advanced courses – 2006 and 2007
- Animal Hospice – Spirits In Transition Seminars – 2008 and 2009
- Veterinary Food Therapy – The Chi Institute – 2015
I am past president of the Washington State Holistic Veterinary Medical Association and a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association, American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association and Veterinary Botanical Medical Association.
- Mondays 2 – 7 pm (last appointment booked at 6pm)
- Tuesdays 8:15 to 4 pm (last appointment booked at 3pm)
- Wednesdays 8:15 to 4 pm (last appointment booked at 3pm)
- Fridays 8:15 to 1 pm (last appointment booked at noon)
Prices for services
- One hour new patient consultation for acupuncture, NAET, or Bowen Technique (including exam, consult and the first treatment) $175
- 45 minute new patient consultation without treatment $125
- 45 minute acupuncture, Bowen or NAET follow up $95
Herbs, supplements and injections are charged separately. Herbal formulas can be created specifically for your animal in the Kingdom of Basil herbal pharmacy or in some cases I direct you to patent formulas to order online.
The initial consultation includes a thorough holistic exam to provide treatment recommendations on acute and chronic disease for cats and dogs of all ages.
To schedule an appointment please email the clinic at email@example.com or call 206-937-6288.
If you are new to NAET and have an animal companion with uncontrolled itchy skin, contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on what to expect with NAET.
If you are already a client of Dr Reising’s she can be reached at email@example.com.