Acupuncture and Holistic Medicine for Animals
My relationship with veterinary medicine started out exclusively with Western Medicine. I fell in love with internal medicine fairly early on in veterinary school, and went on to become board certified in this specialty. But towards the end of my residency, something changed in me that led to a change in my thinking about veterinary medicine. I started practicing yoga and to this day, consider this of utmost importance in my life and who I am today.
After my residency was completed in 2005, I went on to be an internal medicine consultant for IDEXX Laboratories. But as the years went by, I felt that internal medicine fit less and less whom I was. I started realizing that what I really loved about internal medicine was working with owners and their pets over extended periods of time, helping to manage the pet’s condition and improve their quality of life. I felt with my love of spirituality and relationship with energy in myself, there was a different way to help this happen that would feel more authentic.
Acupuncture was the obvious place for my journey to take me. I studied under Richard Panzer at the American Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. I feel my time thus far in veterinary medicine, yoga, and Ayurveda has brought me to a place where I can offer both the intuitive, energetic medicine of acupuncture and the knowledge and understanding of Western internal medicine. My hope is that I can help be a part of treating pets holistically, giving them the best of both worlds.
- B.S. Biology – Hobart & William Smith Colleges 1996
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine – University of Pennsylvania 2001
- Board certified in Small Animal Internal Medicine – University of Missouri 2005
- Certification in Veterinary Acupuncture – American Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine 2016
- Certified Yoga Teacher – 200 hour level (2006) and 500 hour level (2011)
- Tuesdays 10-3:00
Prices for services
- One hour new patient consultation for acupuncture (including the first acupuncture treatment) $125
- 40 minute acupuncture follow up $90
Dr. Julie can be contacted at 206-607-7114 or firstname.lastname@example.org