Acupuncture, Chiropractic and Herbal Medicine and Chinese Food Therapy for Animals
From 8 years old, I’ve told anyone who asked that I wanted to be a veterinarian. My passion for helping animals and others has always been a constant in my life. It wasn’t until my own experience with Chinese medicine in my early 20s that I understood not only how powerful it is for chronic conditions but how well western and eastern medicine could work together.
During veterinary school, I became fascinated with the theories and practices behind acupuncture, herbal medicine and food therapy. As soon as I was able, I attended the Chi Institute for training in acupuncture and food therapy and became certified in both. I’m excited to expand my herbal knowledge in the coming year.
In addition to my work at Kingdom of Basil, I also work at Sumner Veterinary Hospital where I’m lucky enough to receive excellent mentoring and support for my western skill set and also practice Chinese medicine.
- B.A. Biology – Central Washington University – 2007
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine – Washington State University – 2011
- Certified Veterinary Food Therapist – The Chi Institute – 2013
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist – The Chi Institute – 2014
- Certified to perform chiropractic adjustments in animals – Options for Animals, and the International Veterinary Chiropractic Association – 2015
Prices for services:
- One hour new patient consultation for acupuncture (including exam, consult and the first acupuncture treatment) $175
- One hour new patient consultation with chiropractic $125
- One and a half hour new patient consultation with acupuncture and chiropractic $245
- 45 minute new patient consultation without acupuncture $125
- 40 minute acupuncture follow up $95
- 20 minute chiropractic follow up $70
- One hour chiropractic and acupuncture follow up $165
If you are a client of Dr. Erika’s she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org