Acupuncture, Chiropractics, Herbal Medicine, and Food Therapy for Animals
From 8 years old, I’ve told anyone who asked that I wanted to be a veterinarian. My passion for helping animals and others has always been a constant in my life. It wasn’t until my own experience with Chinese medicine in my early 20s that I understood not only how powerful it is for chronic conditions but how well western and eastern medicine could work together.
During veterinary school, I became fascinated with the theories and practices behind acupuncture, herbal medicine and food therapy. As soon as I was able, I attended the Chi Institute for training in acupuncture and food therapy and became certified in both. I also became certified to perform chiropractic adjustments in animals through the Options for Animals program.
In addition to my work at Kingdom of Basil, I also work at Sumner Veterinary Hospital where I’m lucky enough to receive excellent mentoring and support for my western skill set and also practice Chinese medicine.
Something you should know about me is that I strongly believe, and have the greatest success with blending both western and eastern forms of medicine. My focus is firmly on making pets well again as quickly as possible and I find that this often requires combining both forms of care. During your consult, I will discuss problems and treatments from both a western and eastern perspective and we will come up with a plan for your pet in a collaborative, holistic way.
- B.A. Biology – Central Washington University – 2007
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine – Washington State University – 2011
- Certified Veterinary Food Therapist – The Chi Institute – 2013
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist – The Chi Institute – 2014
- Certified to perform chiropractic adjustments in animals – Options for Animals, and the International Veterinary Chiropractic Association – 2015
- Every other Friday
Prices for services:
- New patient consultation for acupuncture including exam, consult and the first acupuncture treatment (about 1 hour) $193
- New patient consultation with chiropractic (45 min – 1 hour depending on complexity of case) $137
- New patient consultation with acupuncture and chiropractic (1 – 1.5 hours depending on complexity of case) $257
- New patient consultation without acupuncture (45 min – 1 hour depending on complexity of case) $125
- 40 minute acupuncture follow up $95
- 20 minute chiropractic follow up $70
- Chiropractic and acupuncture follow up (45 min – 1 hour) $165
If you are a client of Dr. Erika’s she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org